Since 7th April 2018, SK telecom will only accept scanned ID for cell phone activation and you must scan your ID (ARC) using physical scanning machine.
We can’t guarantee that using Evernote Scannable scanning app will be acceptable however you may want to try it if you can’t access any physical scanning machine around you.
ARC (Alien Registration Card) should be a bright, non-reflected scanned copy. We recommend a pure white background and using "Evernote Scannable App"
- An ID color must be bright and has no light reflection
- An ID must be well focused, and all the information must be clear and readable
- All four corners (edges) of ID must have appeared
- An ID must be straight and not tilted
- An ID must be scanned using scanning app or physical scanning machine
- Ad ID must have A4 size blank paper as a background when you scan
- If you have used “Evernote Scannable APP” you must enhance your photo
Please do not take a photo using your smartphone because SK telecom will only accept scanned ID for cell phone activation since 7th April 2018. We suggest you download a scanning app calls “Evernote Scannable” and, please make sure that camera has non-flash setting. Any light reflection on your ID is not acceptable and, ID color must adequately appear. Also, you need to make sure the focus is correct, so all the information is precise to read.
- Prepare a clean A4 size paper and your ID.
- Download “Evernote Scannable App“
- Sign up for Evernote account to log in.
- Place your ID in the center of A4 size paper.
- Aim for the A4 size paper and make sure that your phone is straightly faced towards to your ID and white paper.
- Save your scanned document and send to us.
[How to prepare your ID for cell phone activation in Korea ]